CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kid Rock: Making Me Want To Kill Myself All Summer Long

You've no doubt heard Kid Rock's song "All Summer Long." Everyone has...it's the fucking "anthem of the summer!" or so some say. And it's a terrible, terrible song. Summer has come to an end and so has the huge popularity run of this song(although it's still going), but fact is, this baby should have been smothered the second it came out.

It's a big pile-on of three songs. Most noticably, Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London." It also rips off "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyd and Steve Miller Band's "Take the Money and Run."I'll give Kid Rock some credit here, as it's quite a feat to rip off 3 songs without getting sued. Most people are only familiar with the "Sweet Home Alabama" rip-off, but it's quite apparent "Werewolves of London" is his worst offense.



I think there is something severely wrong with music when musicians can blatantly rip off songs, repackage them a little differently, then release them back into the public again and they go to #1. Thing is, it's not really their fault. Once again, it comes back around to stupid people. Most people have already heard all these songs. I've heard all three of those songs before, and I like them in their individual ways. They're pretty good. So I don't really want to hear them again, EVERY 5TH SONG. I liked "Sweet Child o' Mine" when I first heard it, and I still like it, but I sure don't want to hear a slightly different version of it a million times when I'm listening to the radio. Nor should anyone else. So it's the same thing with "All Summer Long," I would think.

Of course, it doesn't happen that way. People ate the song up and it reached #1 on numerous billboard charts.

I don't particularly mind when musicians take inspiration from old songs. Like Johnny Cash's "Hurt"(taken from Nine Inch Nails) or GNR's "Knockin on Heaven's Door"(taken from Bob Dylan). The musicians add their own original flavour to the song. What I hate about this one is that Kid Rock has just added some fake-southern wannabe lyrics to the exact same music. He doesn't have an original flavour to add. He's got nothing. Let's face it, he's not a real talented guy.

Kid Rock, you're a buttfucking piece of shit

2 comments:

Frank said...

It's an atrocity that the London Knights aren't called the London Werewolves.

WallyMS said...

The popularity of Kid Rock continues to baffle me.